I love trying new and simple recipes. All carbs aren’t created equally and pasta is proof of that. Pasta is very low on the GI index (35-50), so you do not have to worry about your blood sugar and insulin level. For this recipe you can also use canned tomatoes but you know I wont. Check out my previous blog titled ” My breakfast orange ” and my next blog is going to be a healthy and easy recipe to have at work/school.
- 3 cups fresh cut tomatoes (or canned tomatoes)
- ½ cup of basil
- 1½ tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 finely chopped garlic buds
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper and salt each
- 8 ounces fettuccine (optional :linguine) pasta
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the tomatoes, basil, olive oil, garlic, black pepper, and salt in a bowl and stir until completely combined
- Place the pasta in a pot and boil until cooked.
- Draint the pasta then return it to the pot . Add the tomato mix, stir for 1 minute then serve immediately.
Nutritional Facts: (per 1¾ cup serving)
Calories: 298 Carboyydrates: 49g Cholesterol: 5mg Fat: 6.6g Fiber: 3.2g Protein 11.1g Sodium 423 mg Calcium: 111 mg GI rating : low
If you like this leave a comment below and subscribe to my blog. Link:Subscribe here